August 1, 2021

CSGO

Next Level Game Over

EPL transfer news 2021, gossip, rumours, Manchester United, Jadon Sancho, fee agreed, Spurs, Everton, new manager, latest transfers


Manchester United have agreed to sign England forward Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund in a deal worth £72.9 million, according to reports on Thursday.

United have been keen to bring Sancho to Old Trafford since last year and they are finally set to get their man.

After failing to meet Dortmund’s £100 million asking price last year, the Premier League club have been in protracted negotiations since the end of the season in a bid to tie up the transfer.

United’s initial £67 million offer was rejected but they improved the bid sufficiently to convince Dortmund to sell, albeit at a much lower price than they wanted 12 months ago due to the financial fall-out from the coronavirus pandemic.

Kayo is your ticket to the best local and international sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Try 14-days free now >

Jadon Sancho is heading back to the Premier League. (Photo by John MACDOUGALL / POOL / AFP)Source: AFP

Sancho is believed to have been given the green light to discuss personal terms with United.

He is set to sign a reported five-year contract once he completes a medical. Sancho will become the second most expensive English footballer when he joins United, who signed Harry Maguire two years ago from Leicester for £80 million.

It will be a return to Manchester for the 21-year-old, who was a graduate of Manchester City’s academy before joining Dortmund in search of regular first-team action in 2017.

City will be due around £10 million of the fee as a result of a 15 percent sell-on clause they had inserted in the deal when Sancho left the Etihad Stadium.

Sancho made 137 appearances in all competitions for Dortmund, scoring 50 goals as he established himself as one of Europe’s brightest young stars.

SPURS ANNOUNCE NUNO

Tottenham on Thursday (AEST) announced they had appointed former Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo as their new manager, ending their long search for a replacement for Jose Mourinho.

Spurs have been without a permanent boss since Mourinho was sacked in April, with former player Ryan Mason taking charge for the rest of last season.

Nuno, 47, has signed a two-year deal at the north London club after former boss Mauricio Pochettino, Antonio Conte, Paulo Fonseca and Gennaro Gattuso were all inked with the job.

The Portuguese coach will take the start of pre-season training on Monday, when players not involved in international football this summer will return to Hotspur Way.

“When you have a squad with quality and talent, we want to make the fans proud and enjoy,” he said in a statement on the club’s website.

.Nuno Espirito Santo was confirmed as Tottenham’s new manager. (Photo by Nick Potts / POOL / AFP)Source: AFP

“It’s an enormous pleasure and honour (to be here), there’s joy and I’m happy and looking forward to starting work.

“We don’t have any days to lose and we must start working immediately as pre-season starts in a few days.”

Nuno guided Wolves from the Championship into the Premier League in 2018 and secured consecutive seventh-place finishes in their first two seasons back in the top-flight before a 13th-place finish last season.

“First of all, I’d like to welcome Nuno to the club,” said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy. “We should like to thank our supporters for all their patience throughout this process.

“I’ve spoken already about the need to revert back to our core DNA of playing attacking, entertaining football and (managing director of football) Fabio Paratici and I believe Nuno is the man who can take our talented group of players, embrace our young players coming through and build something special.”

EVERTON TURN TO EX-LIVERPOOL BOSS

Everton confirmed the appointment of Rafael Benitez as their new manager on Thursday (AEST) despite fan protests against the Premier League club’s move for the former Liverpool boss.

Benitez has agreed a three-year contract with Everton and succeeds Carlo Ancelotti, who left Goodison Park to join Real Madrid at the start of June.

The Spaniard is the first man to manage both Merseyside teams since William Edward Barclay in the 1890s.

“I am delighted to be joining Everton,” said Benitez. “Throughout this process I have been greatly impressed by the ambition shown by the senior representatives at the club and their desire to bring success to this historic club.

Rafael Benitez will have now managed both Merseyside clubs. (Photo by Glyn KIRK / AFP)Source: AFP

“I believe this is a club that is going places. I’m determined to play a big part in helping this great club achieve its ambitions.” Benitez’s appointment will antagonise a significant section of Everton’s fan base after he criticised the Toffees during his time at Liverpool.

Everton supporters’ animosity towards Benitez was raised above the usual level reserved for a Reds boss ever since his “small club” jibe after a 2007 Merseyside derby.

Benitez has since sought to clarify he was referring to what he believed was a “small-team” mentality from Everton in the game rather than as a club.

On Monday, police confirmed they were investigating the placing of a “threatening” banner with the words “We know where you live. Don’t sign” hung over a garden wall close to Benitez’s home, which is near Liverpool.

Offensive banners have previously been put up at the stadium. Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s major shareholder, ignored the dissenting voices to pursue “proven winner” Benitez, who won the Champions League and FA Cup during his six-year Liverpool reign, which ended in 2010.



Source link